Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday, April 7, 2008

Today is April 7, 2008 - an amazing day in itself and for me, stunning! As of this morning, I am now 56 1/2 years old. Remember when we were children and the "half-birthday" was so cool because we were no longer nine - we were nine and a half - or going on ten or - better yet - we were "almost 10"! Gosh, I guess I am now almost 57. Somehow, it sounded better and much more mature when I was going on ten!

I love sewing, quilting, swimming, being with my friends and family. To celebrate this momentous day, I went to my swim-aerobics class this morning and then spent the afternoon working on a quilt top at the Kekaha Neighborhood Center with a few other friends. I brought truffles to share and did not tell anyone about the significance of the day. Guess it is still fun to have little secrets - even when I am "almost 57"!


No comments: