Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another exciting day in Paradise!

We are so fortunate to live in Kauai - the closest place to Paradise I have ever visited or lived! However, when a person lives in Paradise, one still needs to take care of the normal stuff that one takes care of in a not-so-Paradise place!

For example, this morning, I went to Curves for quite a work-out. Have been remiss in going regularly - Paradise can interfere with good intentions. Once home, decided to tackle the bedroom... Changed the bed and washed every linen including the mattress pad and pillow covers, turned the mattress, put on a new bed skirt, and made the bed with a new coverlet and shams. That took hours...even moved all my plastic bins containing extra (necessary!) fabric and vacuumed under the bed. Once that was done, I noticed dusting was needed. Got the dust bunnies off on their way and saw the blinds and windows were looking a bit gray and dusty.

Cleaning windows and blinds is a constant job over here - the red dirt loves to cling to any clean surface. Actually, I don't mind doing it so much. It makes my view of our little piece of Paradise even more spectacular!

Once the work was done and the old linens washed and packed in the car for donation, it was time to quilt. I got the machine quilting finished for a baby girl quilt - so much fun. Tomorrow is binding day. YIPPEE! I love to bind the quilts, especially the hand hemming. It gives me a chance to think about what is going on in our little part of the world and, at the same time, dream about how Isabella Grace (the recipient of this quilt) may hold on to it and dream her own sweet dreams in her sweet Paradise.

Life is good!

No comments: