Aloha,
It has been months since I have posted anything. Not that what I have to say is of much importance to anyone except me...and not so much to me, either!
I left my little corner of Paradise for a vacation to another Paradise spot - New York City and Staten Island. Friends thought I was a bit nuts to do that but it was for a good cause. Our youngest son and his wife are expecting a baby boy in August. Her family is in Staten Island so my other two kiddos and granddaughter decided to go with me to New York City on the way to the shower!
In the past, I would visit NY several times a year for business and try to tack on a day or two for play time. It has been five years since I have truly had time to play in Manhattan and play we did!!! We went to museums, a Yankees game (last year in their old stadium), Macy's (!), and even to Mood Fabrics (the fabric store for Project Runway!!!). I could have spent most of the week in the garment district. The stores were plentiful and the merchants were all very friendly. We even saw Hair Spray on Broadway!
The baby shower was amazing...there were over sixty people there. It was held at an Italian restaurant on Staten Island - delicious!!! The gifts were so generous. They have enough clothing so the little guy will not have to wear the same outfit or t-shirt twice. No need to wash... I made a quilt with a sailor in the center (my son is in the US Navy), tall ships, airplanes, and the USS Eisenhower carrier. The top center block is blank - just need to add the little guy's name and birth date. I will attach it when I see him in September. The sailor boy is an adaptation of my favorite quilter, Lisa Boyer's Keiki Hula pattern.
For a fun blog and website - www.lisaboyer.com - is the best. She is so creative and has a wonderful sense of humor. Lisa teaches some quilt classes in Kauai - I try to attend each one. She has a beautiful sense of color and design along with a unique teaching style - I learn so much from each class.
After traveling almost 6,000 miles from my little Paradise to that of our family in New York, I realize even more that Paradise is where we are...each person as the gift to make their own spot on Earth a piece of Paradise.
No comments:
Post a Comment