It is such a delight to have grandchildren! For the past four years, we have had a darling granddaughter...two weeks ago, we had a grandson! Our son and his wife had their first child - Aidan Joshua is a beautiful baby - we received a lot of pictures this morning. He has dark curly hair just like both of his parents - depending on who is holding him is who he looks like! So cute...cuddly...a friend used the word delicious to describe him! I will be able to see him in September for two wonderful weeks.
When our granddaughter was born, I made her bedding set including the crib bumpers and dust ruffle. A few months ago, I made Aidan a quilt, a diaper bag with a sailor on it, (a picture is posted on my earlier blog), and now need to make the quilt square to finish the quilt with his name on it. Think I will make a little pillow with the third little sailor I made previously. He has a darling bedding set that includes all the dust ruffles and all...I wonder if he may need a tailored bed skirt...more manly for a two week old man... I am looking forward to making a Hawaiian fish quilt for him during a class this coming Sunday. Hope we can show him our part of Paradise one day soon.
I love being a Mother, Mom, Mommy...the time with my children was so wonderful even when they had their life challenges...and then they put up with mine. I hope my children always know how much they are loved, cherished, and valued to me. I try to let them know in so many ways - including words. Our daughter-in-law is truly a wonderful woman and now an amazing Mommy. Blessing abound!
This week is full of fun - husband returned on Tuesday from a trip to the mainland, lunch with friends to celebrate a 70th birthday, lunch today just to celebrate friends, a sewing afternoon tomorrow with friends on the West side, a fabric dying class on Saturday on the North shore, and the quilt guild class on Sunday. Good thing I cleaned myself silly this past week...
Back to Paradise and loving our grandchildren!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment